My friend, Samantha, said,
"I think this quarantine is really Mother Nature telling us,
'Now, go to your room and think about what you've done."
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Comments
Popular posts from this blog
-
Good Morning! I am writing this post on Wednesday because I know that this Thursday, my usual day for writing my blog, I will be otherwise engaged. I hope you had a lovely day with friends and family, and found ample reason to give thanks. And now the rush is on. I remember when the days between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve stretched on forever and now they fly by. That reminds me of a line from that song from Gigi; Maurice Chevalier sings, "Am I getting older?" And Hermione Gingold responds, "Oh, no, not you!" I'm probably dating myself just by mentioning that movie. Last month when we celebrated the life of our friend, Betty Van Zandt, I told this story to her many loving friends and family. We were at a party when Betty said to my husband, "Arthur, do you know of an escort service in San Francisco?" Arthur replied, "Uh, Betty...? What's going on?" She explained, "my daughter, Karen, is getting married in San Francisco an...
Last Friday started out as a great day because I was on my way to meet Jessie at the Met. The MTA made it all the better with some beautiful mosaics in the passageway from the E train at 53rd Street to the 6 train at 51st Street. Take a look; first, this wonderful yellow-- worm? snake? rope? I made a video but my tech skills aren't sufficient to share it with you. I can't find the names of these artists--I'll go back there and search for more information. Then this mural of wonderful hoops and constructions. Thank you, MTA for brightening my day, for recognizing that color and beauty make everything better. This reminds me of an old memory. When I taught at Trinity people had to walk through the art studio to get from their classrooms to the library, and frequently, when they entered our space they would whistle or sing. This happened all the time! Students, teenagers and middle-schoolers, teachers, everybody! I asked m...
I'm sad to report that this Sunday, November 19, is the last day to view "The Seed," on view in the Great Hall Gallery at First Presbyterian Church, 12 West 12th Street at Fifth Avenue in New York City. The inspiration comes from a quote from Albert Camus; “One’s work is nothing but the long journey through life to recover, through the detours of art, the one or two great and simple images that first gained access to one’s heart .” I first heard that quote in a speech the great Robert Beverly Hale gave at an Art Students League dinner in __1975. It has stayed with me since then, inspiring me to reflect on the roots of my inspiration, and helping to clarify my thoughts about my work. Turns out I'm not the only one it resonated with. My friend Fran Beallor and I talked about it now and then as we pursued our separate practices in isolation. Under the pandemic we found new ways to reach out, learning various ways of communicating and finally we said, "Let's d...
Comments
Post a Comment