Another Artist I Love

My Friend, Carol Way Wood



 I met Carol in college when she was just Carol Way and we've been friends ever since. She was-is- a wonderful artist.  Even at that early stage, she had a finely developed, distinctive style that I envied.  


What can you do with envy?  Turn it in on yourself and feel bad or figure out what it is you envy and how to get something or make something like it for yourself.

Carol had a wonderful pen.  I had never seen anything like it; a Koh-i-Noor Rapidograph that made a very fine line.  This sparked my imagination.   I asked if I could borrow it, only now realizing how presumptuous that was, and tried it out.  

That was the beginning of my  love of pen and ink which became my life's work.  I may have found in on my own but Carol helped me on the way.  I will always be grateful to and for her.


Carol closely observes the beautiful countryside where she lives and her love of the creatures in her neighborhood is evident in her work. 


Now she has produced a calendar with twelve images --some of which you can see here.
It's 8 1/2 x 12 inches and spiral bound. You can hang it on the wall or keep it on your desk.  I think it would make a great Christmas gift.  You can order it directly from Carol at 
cwaywood@hotmail.com



Emily Dickenson said, "My friends are my estate." When I think of the friends, like Carol, who have
stood at turning points in my life I have to stop and just give thanks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh, Russell

Come See a Great Show

June 30 Bad News and Good News