A Week of Vincent Van Gogh


Years ago my  teacher, Leo Manso,  looked at the little book in which I was making notes and pasting random images and said, "This is a playground for you." I took him at his word and kept at it. 
 Eventually I started working on my yearly appointment books. Last week I browsed through 1999 and found a celebration of Vincent Van Gogh.  In that year both the National Gallery and the Los Angeles County Museum held major exhibitions and they must have spent a fortune on their advertising; the magazines were full of these gorgeous reproductions of his paintings.  I really went to town.  A playground indeed.

































Then I made this collage with several etchings and a drawing.  It's titled

"Claude Monet Greatly Admired the Work of Vincent Van Gogh"



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Keeping' on the Sunny Side

Oh, Russell

Summer Reading