I looked up the Biblical quote President Biden made in his inaugural address; it comes from Psalm 30,

"Weeping may linger for the night, but joy comes with the morning."  If you continue reading you'll find, 

"You have turned my mourning into dancing; You have taken off my sack cloth and clothed me in joy."

Whatever your credo may be, I hope you find comfort and hope in these words.

Moving on, I want to say thank you to everyone who responded to my call for ideas for characters to inhabit my drawing, Red House. The first to respond was my friend, Ellen Grossman, who reminded me of this photo from a previous post about one of my favorite places on Earth--the Bronx Zoo. 

This is the interior of the Elephant House--Jessie took her own kids there and thought of me when she saw this handsome rhino.



Ellen's an amazing artist--you can see her work at ellengrossman.com and if you google Ellen Grossman and Jay Z you'll see an adorable video of a moment on the subway--if you ever need proof that New York is full of surprises.

Here's my impression of the exterior of the Elephant House, along with Babe Ruth--so it's called Song of the Bronx.  Do you like my perspective?  My Dad once said of my work, "I like how you get things kind of wonky." I'd say this is wonky.


Here he is at the Zoo.


Here's the next generation...


and here's the Rhino of the Bronx, practicing Covid safety.


What about my drawing?  Well, thanks to Ellen, there's a rhino in the attic.


There's lots more to come--thanks everyone, for some really interesting ideas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Keeping' on the Sunny Side

Oh, Russell

Summer Reading