A Work in Progress and an Upcoming Anniversary

 This is what's  on my drawing table this week.


I felt bad about saying that blurry pelican from the drawing for Sunny was my brother Rob's, so I'm doing a Great Blue Heron and using his photo as a reference, not to say I'm copying it.  I'm also referring to Audubon's Great Blue as you can see here. The feathers on the underside of the raised wing are awfully hard to discern and I'm afraid they may look wonky but I will persist.

Here's more;



I'm not sure about this but I'll start on the background and maybe I'll think of something later.  Or maybe I'll decide I like it. So I got out my jar of black ink and...OH, NO!



See the black dot on his neck? This is the second time in the last two drawings that I've made a major mess!  this one I can't cover up with collage so I have to live with it.


Almost finished with the crosshatch background and the spot is not bothering me too much. I wish it weren't there but what can I do? Maybe I'll think of it as a beauty mark.

My friend, Noushin, told me that Persian rug weavers always deliberately add a mistake to their beautiful rugs because only God is perfect. Nice that they think they do it deliberately.

About the upcoming anniversary? In two weeks it will be five (5) years since I began this blog!   I don't think I've missed a Friday morning. Maybe a couple of technical glitches when I posted Saturday morning and one Fourth of July I posted on Thursday because that was the big day.

I haven't decided how to celebrate.  I looked it up and the fifth anniversary is celebrated with wood so maybe I'll do a post about trees. Maybe you have an idea?




Comments

  1. With the rugs, probably a mistake came first and they thought they’d better add them in going forward? Love this heron project! We have many Great Blue Herons in the protected marshland behind our house on the Shrewsbury River. So much so that our daughter named our place Herons’ Hollow. Eager to see this one develop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever you do, keep writing this blog. It brings me joy. First, when I see it in my email in box and know, Yay! It's Friday, and second the anticipation of reading it. Actually both at the same time. I love it and I love you. BTW, coming to NY for Christmas. Will you be around?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Keeping' on the Sunny Side

Oh, Russell

Summer Reading